Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Alternative book cover competition
- This photo/drawing competition is open to children in Year 6 to Year 9 / P6 to S3.
- To enter the competition, you must be a resident of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- An adult and their child must complete the entry form and submission form.
- Only one competition entry per person.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries must be submitted by 16th September 2022.
- Photos must be submitted in the highest quality possible and, when available, in their original file size and format.
- Entrants must not infringe on the rights of any other photographer, landowner, or other persons.
- Photographs involving willful harassment of wildlife, destruction of habitat or property are unacceptable.
- Failure to comply with contest guidelines will lead to disqualification.
- Photos will be judged by the Neem Tree Press Team and Victoria Williamson, author of War of the Wind.
The Prize for this competition is as follows:
- First place winner: A build your own Turbine Kit and a signed copy of War of the Wind by Victoria Williamson.
- 2 x Runners up: Photography Skills Book or How-to-Draw Book and a signed copy of War of the Wind by Victoria Williamson.
- 5 x Commended Prizes: A signed copy of War of the Wind by Victoria Williamson.
All winners will be notified accordingly. If any of the chosen winners do not respond within two weeks, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- Prizes will be sent out to winners by post. However, Neem Tree Press cannot be held responsible for any prizes lost, damaged or stolen after they have been sent.
- Where a third party is supplying a prize, Neem Tree Press accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and the third party is responsible for prize fulfilment.
Each entrant (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the entrant is aged 16 or under) agrees that, only for the purposes of promoting the Competition, Neem Tree Press may (1) use the entrant’s first name, surname, class and school and (2) disclose the entrant’s name and age to third parties. Neem Tree Press shall seek the entrant’s prior consent (and/or the entrant’s parent or legal guardian’s prior consent if the entrant is aged 16 or under) before disclosing any further personal data to third parties. Neem Tree Press will not post the names and details of entrants aged under 13 years online without the entrant’s parental or guardian’s consent.
Personal information provided by finalists will be used for the purposes of administering the Competition where necessary (for example the provision of prizes as necessary for this purpose). Neem Tree Press will use the contact details of the entrant’s parent or guardian to seek their consent to the entrant’s participation in the Competition and administering their child’s entry. The personal data of winners will be kept to enable the use of their photos as described below.
All photos/drawings submitted must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other person. Neem Tree Press cannot be liable if another person’s rights are breached, and the parent or guardian of the entrant agrees to indemnify Neem Tree Press in respect of any claim from a third party that the entrant’s work infringes their rights.
Entrants retain the copyright in their submitted photos. However, by entering the Competition under these terms, the entrant gives Neem Tree Press a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, exhibit and post the submitted photos in any and all media, including media platforms yet to be envisaged for the purposes of promoting and publicising this Competition.
Neem Tree Press cannot be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or incomplete, or for failure to receive or properly register any entries due to any technical failure or malfunction or other reason. Neem Tree Press reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control. In either case we will give notice to entrants by posting the changes on our website and social media.
Entrants/their parents/guardians will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
The law applicable to the Competition is English Law.